Retail Business Development Manager
Location: Highams Park, London
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Head of Sustainable Growth
Closing: Friday the 29th of March, 2019
To apply send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about making a difference and ready for a challenge?
Are you looking for a role where you can ‘get stuck in’ and no two days are the same?
Do you have the gift of the gab, can think on your feet and have tireless energy to use your skills for social good?
Great news – you may have just found your dream job!
CLARITY & Co. is on the hunt for an exceptional candidate who will thrive in the challenge of bringing our two customer facing brands, BECO. and The Soap Co., to all the biggest retailers in the UK and beyond. Through our premium luxury bath and beauty brand The Soap Co., we are challenging perceptions of disability in employment and targeting luxury, high-end retail. Through our personal care brand BECO., we are on a mission to create 45,000 jobs for people living with disabilities by targeting the biggest high-street retailers and supermarkets. As Retail Business Development Manager, your job is about flexing your skills across the entire breadth of retail to help make this happen! CLARITY & Co. is at an exciting and pivotal point in its history and needs a new player to help accelerate. Sales or retail experience is preferred but more importantly you must have an enthusiasm to drive social change and an aptitude to learn fast. Interested? Email email@example.com to find out more!
A vital and strategic role to maximise revenue and contribution for CLARITY & Co. As the charity grows and extends into new markets and products, your role is to establish, maintain and develop relationships with new and existing key retailers (across both the premium and national high street/supermarket sectors) to grow market presence and drive sales. This role is a hybrid sales and account management role that will develop and own the retail strategy for our two retail brands: BECO. and The Soap Co. This is a role where you can make a real and tangible difference from day one.
Role responsibilities and duties:
- Grow and develop highly successful commercial relationships with our existing retailers (account management) to increase current business; locking in deals by assisting in creating, negotiating and closing commercial agreements.
- Manage and develop brand plans and commercials plans for key accounts. As part of this you will devise and implement promotional plans, range changes and work with marketing to identify any shared marketing opportunities.
- Monitor sales and performance, acting as the key knowledge point for retail within the organisation.
- Thrive in the challenge of securing brand exposure within store without the deep pockets of big brands.
- Creatively preparing for, and pitching to, new customers including creating assets and documents to support your pitch.
- Own the cross-functional launch plan for any retail new product development from ideation to on-sale date.
- Managing, coordinating and working with volunteers and interns.
- Attend events, conferences and trade shows to network and speak, spreading the word about our organisation to people from a diverse range of industries.
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- Ideally, minimum of 1-3 years experience in sales, retail or FMCG.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Natural aptitude for numbers, problem-solving skills and thinking on your feet.
- Outgoing and confident communicator with a track record of interacting and influencing people from all levels of seniority.
- Formal sales training (desirable).
Personal characteristics / attributes:
- An open-minded approach to the role and a flexible, can-do attitude.
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and prioritise your own work within tight deadlines.
- Comfortable taking the initiative.
- A passion for social change and diversity.
- Self motivated, ambitious and pro-active with the ability to see projects through to completion.