Business Development Manager: Ambitious and growing Social Enterprise, Multiple Brands
Location: Highams Park, London
Closing: Monday the 20th of August, 2018
To apply send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are recruiting for our next Business Development Manager. Get in touch if you’re interested in working with England’s oldest social enterprise and most ethical beauty brand!
Purpose of the Role:
Enabling social value by fulfilling a vital role to maximise revenue and contribution. This will be achieved by establishing, maintaining and developing relationships with customers to generate income. As you drive us to successfully target new markets and win new customers, we will grow and our social value will increase through providing meaningful work for our 100+ staff.
- Networking with people from a diverse range of industries.
- Creatively preparing for and pitching to new customers including creating assets and documents to support your pitch.
- Strengthening relationships with existing customers.
- Strengthening relationships with distributors and facilities management companies.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure quality customer centricity for your customers.
- Managing, coordinating and working with volunteers and interns.
- No cold calling!
What is required:
- A commitment to social change.
- An outgoing and confident personality.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with people from all levels of seniority.
- The ability to learn quickly.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Person specification / requirements:
We are looking for someone who is:
Outgoing and confident
Within this role, you will be responsible for leading meetings with key decision makers from some of the biggest companies in the world and independent London-based restaurants alike. In addition, a regular part of your role will be to attend networking events to seek opportunities for business development, represent our brands and advocate for our social mission. Confidence and an openness to meeting others are essential.
Ambitious, hard-working and driven
We are a small commercial team with big ambitions. Our team is made up of passionate people with a real drive to create social value and help others into employment who otherwise might not have had the opportunity. In order to create these employment opportunities, you will aim to fulfil ambitious targets and generate as much revenue for the organisation as possible. The ability to self-motivate is very important as is a can-do attitude and desire to get stuck in.
Organised and able to prioritise your own work within deadlines
We are a busy team who are always at events and meetings, so you are responsible for managing your own diary and keeping to deadlines.
Keen to work in Social Enterprise
Just like us you are keen to use your commercial-mindedness for good and to support others. You will excel in a role that requires striking a careful balance between operating as a regular business and as a charity. You will be passionate about helping others and protecting the environment and keen to use business as a means to do so.
Good with numbers, problem solving and thinking on their feet
Your role within the commercial team will involve regular commercial calculations (such as VAT) as well as other pricing-related calculations. As a key member of the commercial management team, you will need to be able to solve problems quickly and effectively. You will work alone a lot of the time so the ability to think on your feet is imperative.
To hear what this role is like first hand, check out Martha’s article on CLARITY-The Soap Co. LinkedIn page.